The services that we offer Landlords and our fees are detailed below, however if you need more information regarding any aspects of letting, please contact our office on 01747 860372. We would be delighted to discuss your requirements with you.
Introduction Only Service
This service is suitable for the experienced Landlord who needs a specialist letting agent's advice on the rental market and the latest legal regulations. This service involves all aspects of the tenant finding process, handing over to the landlord thereafter.
A comprehensive on-site meeting with you to:-
- Discuss your requirements and advise you about the current rental market
- Appraise your property's presentation and the necessity for redecoration or improvement to present the house at its best.
- Agree with you any improvement work
- Advise you of safety requirements. We will advise you as to your obligations as a landlord with regards to gas safety certificates, electrical testing, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and furniture and furnishings regulations
- Advise you of the consents required for letting. We will advise you with regards to mortgage consents, buildings insurance, power of attorney, tax regulations, sub letting.
- Decide on a marketing strategy
- Agree the type of tenant that you are looking for, whether you would allow pets, children, smokers, sharers etc at the property.
- Take details and photographs to add the property to our available lettings list.
Marketing and Property Presentation:
- Advertise the property in appropriate local newspaper, internet sites www.gilyardscarth.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk and www.primelocation.co.uk and through our network of offices. We can also target local businesses, schools etc.
- Ongoing organisation and supervision of property preparation work e.g. cutting extra keys
- Arrange viewings for prospective tenants accompanied by ourselves, unless you prefer to carry out the viewings yourself.
Setting up of the Tenancy:-
- Take up references from prospective individuals and companies using a professional dedicated referencing company. References to include employer, bank, landlord, solicitor or accountant (where relevant) and personal referee. Once a finalised acceptable report is received from the Referencing Agency a copy is forwarded to the Landlord for approval.
- Negotiation of all tenancy details on your behalf
- Preparation of the Tenancy Agreement, depending on the tenants or Landlords this will either be an Assured Shorthold Tenancy or a non housing act tenancy.
- Draw up a very detailed inventory and schedule of condition of everything in the property. This will be supplemented with photographic documentation. This document is signed by the tenant and the agent at the start of the tenancy and is then used at the end of the tenancy to determine if any deductions should be made from the deposit. This document will be updated after each tenancy has ended in order to provide an updated schedule of condition for the next tenancy.
- Collect first month's rent and set up a standing order mandate to pay the monthly rent directly from the Tenant to the Landlord's bank (or as otherwise directed)
- Collect and hold the tenant's deposit against damages as ‘stakeholder', entering the tenancy details on the TDS database or alternatively forwarding the deposit to the landlords for lodging with the custodial scheme.*
- Notify utility companies that the new tenant has moved into the property (gas, electricity, water and council).
- Finalising your first month's rental statement with the deduction of our fees and any other expenditure which may have incurred in the initial setting up of the tenancy.
During and at the end of the Tenancy:-
- Write to you approx 10 weeks before the end of the initial tenancy term to determine if you want to continue the tenancy and if so agree between both parties if a renewal tenancy agreement is required.
- Carry out a check out of the property and arrange to refund the tenants deposit in accordance with apportionment agreed between Landlord and Tenant
- Update the schedule of condition.
Rent Collection Service
This service is suitable for the experienced Landlord who needs a specialist letting agent's advice to source and select a tenant, negotiate the best terms on their behalf and collect the rent throughout the tenancy but does not require a full property management service.
Includes all aspects of our Introduction only service, and in addition:-
- Monthly rent collection.
- Issue rent request letters and chase arrears.
- Monthly account statement and remittance of collected rent, net of our fees.
Full Management Service
This service is suitable for the less experienced Landlord who needs a specialist letting agent's advice to source and select a tenant, negotiate the best terms on their behalf and collect the rent throughout the tenancy and does not want to deal with the day to day issues involved in letting a property.
Includes all aspects of our Introduction only and Rent Collection services, and in addition:-
- Checking in of tenant at first visit and sending copy of schedule of condition to the Landlord
- Property Inspections - Arrange visits by appointment with the tenant on a quarterly basis, to ensure that the property is kept clean and in good order. A written report or email will be provided following the inspection with digital photographs, if appropriate
- Arrange for annual servicing of gas and electrical appliances where appropriate.
- Arrange for any cleaning, gardening or other maintenance essential for each letting.
- Organisation and supervision of running repairs, subject to a previously agreed expenditure limit
- Liaise with insurers of buildings and contents insurance for any claim
- Vacant property management between lets through frequent inspections
- Serve Statutory Notices at end of tenancy.
- Produce monthly statements detailing the incoming rental, our commission deducted as well as any invoices relating to other outgoings.
1) Introduction Only Service
60% inclusive of VAT of the first months rent. This fee is payable for each letting where the tenant is introduced through the Agent on a Introduction only service
2) Rent Collection Service
10.8% inclusive of VAT of the rent received, deducted by the Agent
3) Full Management Service
13.2% inclusive of VAT of the rent received, deducted by the Agent
The fees under the above service are payable when any individual or organisation enters into an agreement to rent the Property as a result of our promotion, introduction, or viewing by the Agent.
Tenancy Agreement Fee (Landlord share)
£60.00 inclusive of VAT
Inventory and Schedule of Condition (dependant on size of property from)
£90.00 inclusive of VAT to £180.00 inclusive of VAT
Professional hourly rate
£60.00 inclusive of VAT (charged when required to carry out any additional services eg court attendance, dealing with Insurance claims)
Check out Fee
£60.00 inclusive of VAT
Void Property inspections
£60.00 inclusive of VAT (charged per visit)
Tenancy Renewal Fee
£60.00 inclusive of VAT
Tenancy Deposit Fee
£24.00 inclusive of VAT
Rental Guarantee and Legal Expenses
An additional 1.8% inclusive of VAT will be charged on top of the Full Management Fee. (this is only available for fully managed properties)
Client money protection is provided by ARLA
Independent Redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman